NeoTool - v1.2 available

Pander pander at users.sourceforge.net
Sun Nov 2 11:18:29 CET 2008

Robin Paulson wrote:
> 2008/10/31 Dale Maggee <antisol at internode.on.net>:
>> Just a quick note to announce a new version of NeoTool.
>>

> nice work!
>
> could i make a feature request? as there is a link on the om site
> pointing to the 'latest' kernel/uboot/rootfs to download, could
> neotool be developed further, to download it and then flash it all in
> one step?

U-Boot will be replaced in the near futuru with Qi, perhaps with this in
mind, also provide this functionality for Qi.

Maybe some flash repositories could be set up offering sets or
combinations of http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/Distributions#Images
However, the download sites offering the images are all very different
in how they offer it, with what naming convention etc.

This would be of great advantage for normal users. Power users can
download and do all that themselves.

> or is this impossible because a long pause (while the file's being
> downloaded) at the uboot screen will cause the neo to carry on
> booting? or is there a way round this, i.e. telling the neo to wait
> for an indefinite amount of time, or tricking it into thinking
> something is happening while the file downloads?

I'd suggest first download all, then connect and write the images.