epdf & evince full screen fail

Bryan DeLuca openmoko at bryandeluca.com
Sun Nov 2 16:44:05 CET 2008

On Sun, 2 Nov 2008 11:44:33 +0200
"Risto H. Kurppa" <risto at kurppa.fi> wrote:
> Is there anyone who could do something about this?
>  - use aux to launch keyboard/home or close the running program ( I
> never lock the keyboard, I suspend..)

I made a post a few days ago with a solution for this.  I posted a little shell script that you can use to remap AUX when you launch an app.  Then when the app is exited the old mapping of screen lock, or whatever it may have been, will be restored.

You can download my script here:

http://www.bryandeluca.com/OM/functions/omkey_functions

Ideally this would be configured by the package maintainer.  Here is the exact procedure to implement it on your device after installing the evince package:

1.  Download my library and copy in to /home/root on your Freerunner.
2.  On your Freerunner create a textfile /usr/bin/evince.sh containing the following:

#!/bin/sh
. /home/root/omkey_functions
om_key_mod 177 F5

evince $@

om_key_ restore

3.   Set the execution bits:

chmod 755 /usr/bin/evince.sh

4.  Edit the .desktop file at /usr/share/applications/evince.desktop modify the line starting with Exec= to:

Exec=evince.sh %U

To make evince show up in the desktop menu edit the line beginning with Categories= and remove System; from the list.

Save your changes to /usr/share/applications/evince.desktop

Illume should update the icons on the desktop after you save.  Now you should be able to run evince from the desktop icon and use the AUX button to pop in and out of presentation mode.  When you exit evince the old xmodmap and enlightenment mappings for AUX will be restored.

You can do the same thing for any app that you wish to have this functionality.

Hope this helps,

--
Bryan DeLuca <openmoko at bryandeluca.com>