Howto remap AUX and Power Button

Bryan DeLuca openmoko at bryandeluca.com
Sun Nov 2 16:56:17 CET 2008

On Sun, 2 Nov 2008 10:26:13 +1100
Carsten Haitzler (The Rasterman) <raster at rasterman.com> wrote:
> On Sat, 1 Nov 2008 18:56:45 +0100 "Michael 'Mickey' Lauer"
> <mickey at openmoko.org> babbled:
>
> > Am Monday 27 October 2008 17:25:37 schrieb Alexander Syring:
> > > Hi @ all
> > > I cannot find how to remap the AUX and the Powerbutton in ASU like in
> > > Om2007.2.
> > > Is that possible that the powerbutton closes a program an the AUX calls a
> > > menu?
> >
> > Unfortunately this is not possible in Om2008.x without programming. You can
> > try to adjust neod to do that on 2008.x.
>
> actually in 2008.x you need no programming - you simply need access to the
> keybindings for e. they are bound keys and configs. the bindings dialog is a
> bit unusable tho on the screen/theme :)

I have a shell script that uses enlightenment_remote and xmodmap to change AUX bindings.  It might help:

http://www.bryandeluca.com/OM/omkey_functions

As Raster says you don't have to program to make changes to the mappings.  From my observations it looks like Enlightenment saves the current keybindings on exit.  There is probably some other way to have E save its settings though.

--
Bryan DeLuca <openmoko at bryandeluca.com>