debian mailing list confusion, Was: openmoko-panel-plugin: patch and bug

Joachim Breitner nomeata at debian.org
Mon Nov 3 15:18:50 CET 2008

Hi,

Am Sonntag, den 02.11.2008, 13:51 +0100 schrieb arne anka:
> > http://lists.alioth.debian.org/pipermail/pkg-fso-maint/2008-October/000269.html
>
> of what use is smartphone-userland if messages of this kind are not posted
> there?
>
> seems i have to subscribe to pkg-fso-maint, too, since a lot of messages
> i'd expect in smartphone-userlands or even community/support at om are posted
> only there.
> that means i got 5 or 6 ml now just to cover the freerunner ...

I know, and I don’t like the situation either. Some important mails are
only sent to one list, other discussions are cross-posted to more than
one list and every second mail I read I have read twice.

I consider pkg-fso to be strictly related to Debian _packaging_ issues.
In that sense, the mail was sent appropriately (as it was a request for
inclusion in Debian), but a separate release-announcement for the
general audience to smartphone-userland would have been good, I guess.

But I think this stuff will settle after a while. At least I don’t think
that adding or removing mailinglists, or putting up written (and soon
outdated) guidelines helps.

But yes, every user of Debian on the FreeRunner is invited to join
pkg-fso if they want to know about the issues we have, about new
developments etc.

Greetings,
Joachim

--