DOOM For Neo Freerunner / 1973

SCarlson scottrcarlson at gmail.com
Mon Nov 3 16:17:31 CET 2008

Fox --

  Thanks for the information. I will install Debian this week and do some
testing.

Two things come to mind regarding your issues.

 #1 ) The sound hanging is due to the fact that the Doom Engine did not
properly initialize the sound. So it hangs in the end when trying to exit (I
get this periodically with my OM2008 distro depending on the state of the
sound card (sometimes this happens after a suspend and resume). Is there a
fundamental difference with Sound drivers between Debian and other OM
Distros?

 #2 ) The touchscreen being dead is probably because the X,Y Coordinates are
either A) Being reported differently than the other systems or B) There is
still a Scaling/Rotation issues BUG #1244 that plagued the other distros
(Until recently, XGlamo patched binary (for scaling) available on the doom
wiki)

I will do some testing and see what Debian is reporting for Touchscreen
coordinates. Also, Does Debian have a method for rotating/scaling screen???

Thanks for your feedback!
Scott