Battery charging : 1A from PC?

Xavier Cremaschi omega.xavier at gmail.com
Mon Nov 3 20:40:15 CET 2008

Hi folks,

I have an external 2.5" hard disk drive which could be used without any
external power supply.
To achieve this, it was shipped with a 'Y' USB cable :
- on one end it has a mini USB connector
- on the other end it has 2 USB connectors
So you have to use 2 USB plugs to power the disk.

Does someone know if this kind of cable could be used to double-charge
the FreeRunner ? Because naively I think that 2*500mA (maximum per plug)
= 1A, but if the FreeRunner asks for 1A on 1 plug my laptop is dead...

Xavier.