VARTA Digital USB Charger

Matthias Apitz guru at unixarea.de
Mon Nov 3 20:59:24 CET 2008

El día Wednesday, October 15, 2008 a las 08:10:34PM +0200, Radek Barto?? escribió:

> Hello list.
>
> I've just read an article about new VARTA Digital USB Charger
> http://www.en.varta-consumer.com/content.php?path=/1204126618.html&&domain=www.en.varta-consumer.com
> so I'm sharing it with you.
>
> For our purposes it's really great that it can charge our precious Neo from
> inserted AA or AAA accumulators, power point or car socket :-).

Hello,

I've bought today evening this charger, mainly with the idea to charge
AA cells to put them later into the MintyBoost;

well, the paperware of the item claims that in can charge gadgets via
the USB-out function, i.e. you put 2-4 charged cells into the device,
connect it with the cable of our FR press the button 'USB out' and you
put the power of the cells into the gadget, into the FR in our case;

but it does not work; after pressing the button 'USB out' the green LED
comes on for some seconds, the FR shows 'loading' but then it crashes:
LED goes off, FR falls back to its own battery :-(

This is with the 2700 mAh cells shipped with the VARTA Digital USB
Charger; I've tested charged 2600 cells (stolen from my wife's cam);
they work for a while, let's say five minutes and then the same picture
as with the 2700 cells;

I will check tomorrow with some of my colleagues if they have a clue what
could be the reason... Maybe the FR draws to much power in the VARTA
Digital USB Charger thinks in short-cut; any ideas?

Thx

	matthias

--
Matthias Apitz