Paroli project

Guillaume Chereau charlie at openmoko.org
Tue Nov 4 02:34:57 CET 2008

On Mon, 2008-11-03 at 15:56 +0100, "Marco Trevisan (Treviño)" wrote:
> My main question is how to manage the PIM. Will you wait for the FSO PIM
> implementation or is there any other way to manage contacts and SMSs
> (first of all) without using the SIM?
Good question...
In tichy so far I always tried to put an interface over the framework
(FSO) DBus API. For the contact there is already a Contacts service in
tichy that can deal with simple contacts lists.
Things are simple in tichy, cause you expect all plugins to have access
to the services without using inter process communications. Once you
have the contacts loaded from the sim or any sources, you can expose
them as python objects to any other tichy plugin.
(see the code of tichy/test/plugins/app/contacts/contacts.py [0])

cheers,
Guillaume/Charlie

[0]
https://projects.openmoko.org/plugins/scmsvn/viewcvs.php/test/plugins/apps/contacts/contacts.py?rev=269&root=tichy&view=markup