Android open sourced

Valerio Valerio vdv100 at gmail.com
Tue Nov 4 16:28:03 CET 2008

2008/11/4 Cédric Berger <cedric.berger74 at gmail.com>

> On Tue, Nov 4, 2008 at 16:08, Benedikt Bär <beniwtv at relamp.tk> wrote:
> > On Tue, 2008-11-04 at 15:48 +0100, Cédric Berger wrote:
> >> Mine (working ok) was 23 sept.
> > Hey Cédric,
> >
> > Do you still have that version around? Could you send it to us?
> > (please :P)
> >

> mmm... not sure were it can be...
>
> But I now have flashed latest from
> http://downloads.openmoko.org/daily/gta02v5_and_up-u-boot.bin
> (it still shows 23 sept. on uboot menu)
> It worked ok too... could boot at least twice.
>
> ... but after playing a while, my phone shut off suddenly (I had just
> selected "select network automatically" for GSM, searching was
> running...).
> And now I cannot boot successfully anymore (sometimes it shuts down
> quite early during boot, sometimes just after android booting screen).
> Just like if there was not enough battery...
> I was running connected to usb (but on windows, not recognized, so
> probably 100mA max).
> Though booting into qtextended I can see that battery is about 50% ....
>
> (and trying to boot without SIM gave same result now, shut down soon
> after android booting screen)

The problem should be in the uSd card, some guys in the IRC successfully
boot android with the default u-boot from may 08, and all only can do that
with the usd card inserted.

One of them have this partitions on a 4gb card:
/dev/sdb1               1         245        7832    b  W95 FAT32
/dev/sdb2             246      124880     3988320   83  Linux

Thanks to <KaZeR>.

Best regards,

--
Valério Valério