[OM2008.9]Speed dial

Brock awwaiid at thelackthereof.org
Tue Nov 4 18:19:47 CET 2008

On 2008.11.04.16.25, Max Giesbert wrote:
| I know you want it for OM2008.9/Qtopia but I still would like to point
| you to FSO where it should be easy to call the necessary DBus command
| from a .desktop file...

For FSO there is a sample on the DBus wiki page,

  http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/Dbus

which says:

  mdbus -s org.freesmartphone.ogsmd /org/freesmartphone/GSM/Device org.freesmartphone.GSM.Call.Initiate '12345' 'voice'

Since it's all magical DBus stuff, the dialer will actually see that
there is a call in progress and switch modes and everything. You might
have to do something with your window manager to give the dialer focus
though.

--Brock