[debian] openmoko-panel-plugin 0.5

Joachim Breitner nomeata at debian.org
Wed Nov 5 22:51:15 CET 2008

Hi,

Am Mittwoch, den 05.11.2008, 21:47 +0100 schrieb Fox Mulder:
> >    * added new 'icon' for button-handling:
> >    *   aux:
> >    *     on short press: keyboard-toggle
> >    *     on longer press (>2 sec) window (for now only with
> > close-button) opens
> >    *   power:
> >    *     on short press: for now nothing happens
> >    *     on longer press (>2 sec) window with buttons opens:
> >    *       suspend (functional)
> >    *       shutdown (for now non-functional)
> >    *       close (closes window)
> This is a really nice feature but it collides with the zhone power
> button behaviour. When i run zhone and press the power button for >2s my
> fr goes into suspend just a tick after it displays your new menu. After
> i resume it still shows your menu and goes into suspend a second time.
> After i shortly press power again it resumes and stays on while still
> showing your menu. Don't know why it goes into suspend again after the
> first resume.
> So maybe it would be good to show your suspend/shutdown window after a
> short press and not a >2s press?
> For this button there is no problem with accidential pressing so i think
> we need no time delay.

This will go away once milestone4 is out, as then zhone will suspend
upon a very short press, but not after a longer press.

One could argue that zhone should not do suspend at all if
openmoko-panel-plugin is installed. We could do that in Debian as a
specific change if it is wanted

Greetings,
Joachim
--