[debian] openmoko-panel-plugin 0.5

Neil Jerram neiljerram at googlemail.com
Wed Nov 5 23:53:19 CET 2008

2008/11/5 Sebastian Ohl <sebastian+ml.openmoko-community at ohl.name>:
> Hi folks,
>
> after the confusion on the last few days now i am happy to announce a
> new version of the openmoko-panel-plugin.

Thank you for working on this, it's really useful!

>   * new battery-icons

I'm not sure I like the new icon better, but I definitely like the
better information about the battery state.

Is it a known problem with the Debian kernel that you only get 100mA
charge after booting up - until you unplug and replug the USB lead?

>   * enabled shutdown-button in power-button-window

I'm not seeing this.  Where should I be looking?

>   * added config-area for selection of active icons

What is the difference between enabled on the panel-plugin tab and
enabled on each individual button page?

>   * some more gsmIcon updates:
>   *   corrected dbus-callback-function-header
>   *   added location area code (if available from dbus)

My GSM icon is indicating off, even after I got notification windows
correctly indicating my provider (T-Mobile) and a reasonable-sounding
signal strength...

>   *   now choosing right icon for gsm turned off
>   *   corrections to gsmStatus-update work properly
>   *   added some try-blocks around file-io to prevent IO-timeouts
> killing
>   *     main-thread

Aha, is that what caused the GSM icon to disappear sometimes in the
previous version?

Regards,
       Neil