[debian] openmoko-panel-plugin 0.5

Sebastian Ohl sebastian+ml.openmoko-community at ohl.name
Thu Nov 6 09:31:34 CET 2008

On Wed, 2008-11-05 at 17:02 -0500, Stefan Monnier wrote:
> - The "GPS off" icon doesn't use the read slashed circle contrary to
>   all others.
yes i think this can be updated to have to same impression on every
icon.

> - The tooltips seems to only say "on" or "off", so they really are
>   useless (if not harmful) since that info is already given by the icon.
>   So most of those tootips should be removed, or replaced with something
>   useful (e.g. wifi network to which we're connected, whether we're
>   connected to the internet, status of the battery, number of GPS
>   satellites in view, ...).
the information presented by the tooltips depends on the information
provied by the frameworkd(we don't share every info at this time). i
think after redesigning the software, we are now able to provide more
features(information).

> >> *   power:
> >> *     on short press: for now nothing happens
> >> *     on longer press (>2 sec) window with buttons opens:
> >> *       suspend (functional)
> >> *       shutdown (for now non-functional)
> >> *       close (closes window)
> > This is a really nice feature but it collides with the zhone power
> > button behaviour. When i run zhone and press the power button for >2s my
i think making the button behavior configurable should do the trick. so
everyone can decide which program should handle the button.

regards
 sebastian