[Om2008.9] dropbear hangs on exit

Matthias Apitz guru at unixarea.de
Fri Nov 7 10:11:15 CET 2008

Hello,

I encounter from time to time that on SSH to the FR via the USB network
the SSH-connection on exit does not terminate; a next SSH-connection
(from another xterm) is possible, but does hang as well on exit; I've
look into the details strace'ing the /usr/sbin/dropbear child proc and
it turns out that it hangs in a wait(2) syscall waiting indefinitely for
something;

before debugging this further: is this a known issue? or is it even more
advised to install some opensshd?

Thx

	matthias
--