[OM2008] Events/0 eats 30% -- Causing Doom to run slow.

Joel Newkirk freerunner at newkirk.us
Fri Nov 7 22:51:10 CET 2008

On Fri, 7 Nov 2008 13:06:04 -0800 (PST), SCarlson <scottrcarlson at gmail.com>
wrote:

>  Hello All -
>
>  I believe I've read that this issue was posted and a (won't fix) was
> tacked
> on.  I was tracking down the reasons why Doom would run slow sometimes,
> and
> nice others... It appears to be events/0 causing 27-30% cpu usage.
>
> What is the remedy for this? Reboot? (Like MS-Windows?)..
>
> Otherwise, for all of you out there, this is why Doom runs slow on some
> machines.
>
> -Scott

Indeed it is a known problem with a fairly long ticket,
https://docs.openmoko.org/trac/ticket/1597, but it is NOT "won't fix" at
all.  As I understand it the problem was tracked back to SDIO support in
the kernel, which the wifi uses. (there's a thread from this morning on the
Support list asking about it as well)

For now, reboot will of course fix it, for 12-20 hours it appears.  (like
my Symbian-based Nokia 6600, hadda reboot every day or two ;)