[android] Answer calll problems

Joel Newkirk freerunner at newkirk.us
Sat Nov 8 00:09:31 CET 2008

On Fri, 07 Nov 2008 19:55:44 +0100, "Marco Trevisan (Treviño)"
<mail at 3v1n0.net> wrote:
> Christophe Badoit wrote:
>> Andreas Wallin a écrit :
>>> Im having problems with answer phone calls on android..
>>>
>>> Its ringing but how to anser is the question ?
>>
>> Probably with the keypad that the FR doesn't have :)
>
> I've suggested to Sean McNeil in his wiki talk page to use the AUX
> button not only as a "rejecting" button, but also as a "accept" button.
> My idea is:
>  - Brief pressure of the AUX: "green button"
>  - Pressure longer than 0.5 sec (enough?): "red button"
>
> Could it be done easily? I figure...

If it's only going to be one, why not 'accept'??  Worst-case I would be
more willing to let it 'ring out' than be unable to answer...  For a
dual-action as you proposed, I'd suggest silencing the ringer at 'button
down' of AUX, so that if you're going to hold it down .5-1 sec to 'reject'
then the ringer will still stop right away, which I suspect is the main
reason that most people use 'reject'.