(Debian) Problem installing kernel modules 20)

kw45.20.deichkind at spamgourmet.com kw45.20.deichkind at spamgourmet.com
Fri Nov 7 23:17:54 CET 2008

Am Freitag, den 07.11.2008, 20:55 +0100 schrieb Paul - paul at nlpagan.net:
> [Installing Debian]
>  * Running depmod
> WARNING: Couldn't open directory /lib/modules/2.6.24mw-g291a9d50: No
> such file or directory
> FATAL: Could not open /lib/modules/2.6.24mw-g291a9d50/modules.dep.temp
> for writing: No such file or directory

Paul, keep going. You're almost done.

I had the same trouble. Here is my approach:
(NB: It seems the Debian installation depends on the kernel installed in
on the flash. (I guess you installed an image from [1] on your flash.))

1. Download also the modules from [1]

2. Boot the FR with NOR-Boot into the OS from the flash

3. ssh to FR from your desktop [2]

4. mount p1 and p2 from the microSD on FR (Note the partition-numbers):
  # mount /dev/mmcblk0p2 /mnt
  # mount /dev/mmcblk0p1 /mnt/boot

5. scp the modules from [1] to FR into folder /mnt/lib/modules. If your
FR is allowed to connect to the internet you may also wget the modules
directly to your FR and skip this scp step.

6. Unpack modules:
  # tar xzf <modules>.tar.gz

7. You should now have the directory /mnt/lib/modules/2.6.24mw-g291a9d50

8. Jail the /mnt folder:
  # chroot /mnt

9. Run depmod again
  # depmod -a