GPG for SMS?

Timo Juhani Lindfors timo.lindfors at iki.fi
Sat Nov 8 12:02:18 CET 2008

Vinzenz Hersche <hersche at puzzle.ch> writes:
> because they are uncrypt. and the gsm-connection isn't secure, some

I thought they are encrypted just like calls. I asked this on
#gnuradio too:

18:36 < lindi-> hi, i looked at the openbts SMS stack to figure out if
SMS messages are encrypted or not but could not figure it out. Any
idea if they are?
20:06 < gamma__> lindi-: they are

> there is a programm, wich could crypt sms, but it's not gpl. it is
> open source, but just the demo-version is free for downloads and use.

http://sites.google.com/site/smscrypt/files/SMSCryptLiteDemo.zip?attredirects=0

does not seem to contain any source code or copyright information.