minimo segfaults when surfing to ssl sites with non-standard ports

Peter Nijs peter at familienijs.be
Sun Nov 9 15:47:08 CET 2008

To be able to use the wireless lan in my college I have to authenticate myself
thrue an ssl encrypted site. When I use minimo for that (the only browser
that knows something about ssl on the freerunner) it segfaults.

Attached to this mail is the output file of #wget http://www.google.be . You
can see the browser will be redirected to an ssl-encrypted site on port 8081,
at which point minimo segfaults. I don't get the chance to see the
authentication form.

When I am completely connected to the internet and i surf to a self hosted
ssl-site on port 44344 it also segfaults.

This is particularly nasty because now I can't use the internet at all in my
college. Does anybody know where I should start looking for a solution, or
anybody who knows a workaround to get authenticated?

sincerly yours,
depeje