is FDOM unstable

Michael Zanetti michael_zanetti at gmx.net
Mon Nov 10 09:03:24 CET 2008

On Sunday 09 November 2008 22:29:31 Atilla Filiz wrote:
> Hello
> I was trying my FR as my primary phone for one week. It went good with
> QTextended 4.4.1. Today, I decided to try FDOM. It is really nice that it
> comes withh the apss and fixes I would manually install anyway but it
> occasionally freezes, doesn't receive calls in time, and some apps(remoko,
> moocow etc.) simply won't start. i read really good comments on it so i was
> expecting a better put up collection. Is this normal or am I the only one.
> I flashed 081023 image with latest 2008.9 kernel.
> happy hacking

Openmoocow, Duke Nukem etc don't start if the accelerometers are failing. To
me, this happens after the first suspend cycle. Reboot to get these apps
working.

I cannot confirm the freezes as FDOM was quite stable here in terms of system
freezes.

It is slow. yes. But it is not FDOM but the qtopia apps on X11 (hence also
OM-2008.x suffers this problem). They make every Phone related stuff real pain.

Anyway, I have been using FDOM as my daily phone for quite some time now. Only
the last week I used my old phone again because I decided to try out android
on my freerunner.