Re: Re: GPG for SMS?

rhn rhn at o2.pl
Mon Nov 10 10:30:34 CET 2008

---- Wiadomość Oryginalna ----
Od: Vinzenz Hersche <hersche at puzzle.ch>

> http://wiki.thc.org/gsm#head-1d4386f26b54c1890bdb6b181b6293c3b9b5af62
> i read a article about this group. they could crack gsm-connection's
> in 2 hours without some cleartext. another issue in my eyes is the
> possibility of the provider to listen all calls, read all sms.

That's an interesting project!

> i think, it isn't so much work to make a symetric crypt-possibility
> for special peoble as example (person a say's person b the code
> directly, so both ore more "invited" peoble's know the key and could
> encode/decode the messenges)..

I believe this could work in a public key architecture - the symmetric key would be sent using GPG beforehand, symmetric key used later.

> in my eyes, security is very important, and privacy in the
> mobile-phone-world doesn't exist. if i had enough time and expirience,
> i would programm by myself, but until i had this, it's could been 1-3
> years later. :/

There's Paroli in its early stages of development, needing developers, I guess they should be asked whether someone wants to implement this. I have more or less the same problem - not having enough time to do everything I would like to. But if there's enough people wanting to implement this (as a part of paroli or anything else), I will switch my priorities to be able to help.

rhn