GPG for SMS?

Kieran Fleming kieran.fleming at gmail.com
Mon Nov 10 11:42:20 CET 2008

I think a client/server setup would be better than this. You could have
a generic messaging program that attempts to contact the person using
normal TCP/IP and fall back to SMS if that doesn't work.
With this you can have proper public key encryption and message signing,
and there is a guarantee of message delivery. It sucks that people pay
mobile phone companies money on the hope that the message will be
delivered!