idea: accelerometer daemon

Michael 'Mickey' Lauer mickey at openmoko.org
Mon Nov 10 14:51:41 CET 2008

Am Monday 10 November 2008 14:14:45 schrieb Atilla Filiz:
> I don't know if there is any work towards this anyway, i think having an
> acc daemon like gpsd would be nice. The daemon can check for blocking in
> acc.meters and reset the hardware if necessary, and serve multiple
> clients(which is not very likely actually). This way maybe we can have more
> quality acc applications, if using them becomes easier and more stable.

We already have the amazing gesture recognition daemon by P.V.Borza which is
pending integration with the frameworkd. I think most applications will not
want to read the accellerometer data directly, but rather react to signals in
terms of gestures. Those (few) applications that do need direct access can
read from the input device nodes directly.

--
:M: