idea: accelerometer daemon

kimaidou kimaidou at gmail.com
Mon Nov 10 17:32:03 CET 2008

Hi
the potentiel of these accelerometer is great, but I need some help to
really understand what can be done with them.
I mean for now i know openmoocow, gestures
What can I do with theses recognized gestures ? Load a command, call my
mother ? I don't wnat to sound against their use, but for example, I prefer
to take the fridge door with my hand and pull instead of yelling at the door
"open !".
For now, I miss some great examples. Some ideas :
* level ? (like with the air bubles to check the horizontality/verticality
of devices)
* sport training : jogging
* wii - like video games remote controller
* some more ?.

By the way, I found this interested python scriptfrom thomas wood which read
the accell values :
http://blogs.gnome.org/thos/2008/07/01/openmoko-freerunner-test-application/