[OM2008] Events/0 eats 30% -- Causing Doom to run slow.

François TOURDE fr-om at tourde.org
Mon Nov 10 22:44:57 CET 2008

Le 14191ième jour après Epoch,
Rui Miguel Silva Seabra écrivait:

> On Sat, Nov 08, 2008 at 08:32:16PM +0900, William Kenworthy wrote:
>> those flaming laptops popped into my mind :) - oddly, the battery wasnt
>> any hotter than the rest of the phone, though the screen did seem so
>> (perhaps whatever is behind the screen?)
>
> It's hot because of the intense activity, not because of the battery.
>
> The poor battery just get's an usage that drains it's poor life away,
> poor... poor sad thing :|

>> > Don't use wifi :-)
>
>> Started playing with the wireless (just running the connect/disconnect
>> scripts) and events/0 went back close to zero %.  Nice, but wireless
>> didnt work either and as its not modular it still needed a reboot.
>> Playing with iwconfig didnt help either.
>
> Although wireless may help kickstart that bug, I don't believe it's the
> cause.

I agree, because I've never used Wifi (except for short tests, but not
configured to auto start).

I've noticed this issue often when I change the charge mode. Switching
from wallplug to PC-USB is the way to obtain 30% cpu usage by event/0
:(

> I'm don't use wireless on the Freerunner yet, ifconfig only shows lo and
> usb0, and still I have had to reboot to fix the events/0 bug.

Sometimes a suspend/resume may solve the problem. But I think a small
illume cpu indicator may help to diagnose. I've not yet installed E17
successfully to write such an applet, but I'll try as soon as I have
time to do that.