[android] new version with page flipping corrected.

akurpiel andrzej.kurpiel at gmail.com
Tue Nov 11 18:17:44 CET 2008

Cédric Berger wrote:

> Hi,
> Last android image/kernel from Sean
> (http://people.openmoko.org/sean_mcneil/ ) indeed resolved the page
> flipping problem. (screen refreshes "flashing", especially with
> dialogs and combo box)
> Thanks Sean !
>

> - Bluetooth is also working now (well I could not really test yet, but
> at least now it correctly scans available bluetooth devices).
>
> - Still no luck with wifi ("unable to scan for networks").
>
> - I could not have GPS working.
> I tried with GPSTracker, but it keeps asking for GPS activation, which
> I had done in Android settings.
> (note that GPSTracker requires a key from its website, and since I had
> no keyboard to enter it, I did the settings on the emulator then copy
> GPSTracker setting files directly into my SD card )
>
> - I tried the demo game  "Fishocopter". It works... but it uses "back"
> button to control the game (so it is "Aux" button on Neo), and I found
> no way to exit the game, since Aux button did not anymore end
> application.
> Is there a way to kill such an application ? Power button only allowed
> me to shutdown....
>

> (to install applications, since I could not have abd working, I
> directly copy .apk files into my SD card under   mmcblk0p2/app/ )

-  Blutetooth is working ( but we still need keyboard for secret pin)
   No hidd command -  we cannot start play with BT keyboard.

-  Wifi  is working " by hand":
    -  copy working  wpa_supplicant.conf  to phone
    -   login via adb shell
    -  use  command    dhcpcd eth0
    - check  and  write correct data to   " getprop"  and " sendprop ..."
    -   included web browser  not start at all
    - installed by   "adb install ... "    news reader is working  !!

-  I think, important is:  keyboard ( virtual or/and bluetooth ) and working
web browser

    Thanks  Sean !!!