Java On Openmoko

Bernd Prünster bernd.pruenster at gmail.com
Tue Nov 11 19:14:00 CET 2008

amidan schrieb:
> Hi,
>     I'm curious if Neo FreeRunner supports Java applications. Does anybody
> know if Neo FreeRunner has support for Java? Googling this subject I
> understood that several projects aim to get Java working on Openmoko and I'm
> wondering if you have any idea if any of them succeeded?
>    Adrian

Sure it works!

here's a quick guide (tested on fdom) - works flawlessly!
opgk install cacao
opkg install calsspath
opkg install classpath-gtk (only if you want to run gui programms)
       it even suppors swing, but to do yourself a favor, start
programming awt apps - you're gonna save yourself alot of trouble!

well one thing: try installing the packages with -force-depends
parameter if needed and if it gives you warnings either manually install
the needed packages or it they are already installed, just ignore the
warings.

if you want to run gui apps you have to scp your core.jar form you pc
onto your freerunner:

check this out:
jmccloud.funpic.de
download exec.sh, core.jar and opg.jar into the same folder on you fr
and sh exec.sh
(the exec.sh shows you how to run java apps)