FSO M4 - nice GSM sound

Franky Van Liedekerke liedekef at telenet.be
Tue Nov 11 21:46:52 CET 2008

On Tue, 11 Nov 2008 21:29:27 +0100
Franky Van Liedekerke <liedekef at telenet.be> wrote:

> Well, I haven't tried calling just yet, so no feedback there. But
> some pro's and cons:
>
> Pro:
> - cool interface
> - sweet hover effect when you click the battery icon, now an
> alarm/clock app when you click on the clock icon would be great :-)
> Unfortunately none of the registered "alarm" projects seem to be
> maintained. Is there another way of doing this? Using "at" ourselves?
>
> Con:
> - numphysics app seems to crash all the time (maybe it just needs some
> extra packages?)
> - suspend doesn't work, since the touchscreen still responds when I
> touch it after it should've suspended ... this one should get fixed
> - the mediaplayer app crashes most of the times when you switch
> between songs

To continue my testes:

- tichy just gives me a black page, maybe that is because there is no
SIM card inserted? But I can't get it to quit now, not without using
ssh and killing manually.
- pythm (mplayer app) doesn't give any output anymore, the reason seems
to be tichy taking /dev/dsp for itself. Killing tichy resolves this.
Btw: this app seems more stable to play mp3 files ...

Franky