[Qt Extended] [RFC] Patch for comments *only* to enable echo suppression in 4.4.2

Chris Samuel chris at csamuel.org
Wed Nov 12 08:35:59 CET 2008

Hi folks,

On the flight from Melbourne to LA I was playing around getting
Qt Extended 4.4.2 to build for the Neo using their toolchain and
sources.   Luckily the Qantas A380 has Australian power sockets
for passengers in economy so battery life was not a worry!

The reason for this is that I wanted to try to follow up on
my previous comments on turning on echo suppression for
incoming calls in addition to outgoing which it already does.

To do that I abstracted the existing AT commands into a
single function and then called that from (I hope) the
phone initialisation, wake from suspend and hanging up
or aborting an incoming call.

The patch compiled first time but I've discovered that I've
left my USB cable behind and so can't test it (luckily I've
brought the charger with me!).

I've posted this for comments only because:

1) I'm not a programmer
2) I don't know C++ (just B and C)
3) I've no idea if what I've done covers all the necessary
points it needs to be set at..
4) I don't want to risk destroying anyone elses phone!

So take a look at what I've done and comment on it please.

Just be gentle..

cheers!
Chris "dammit Jim, I'm a sysadmin not a programmer" Samuel