[FSO][M4] Missing Components?

Stefan Schmidt stefan at openmoko.org
Wed Nov 12 08:33:50 CET 2008

Hello.

On Tue, 2008-11-11 at 23:55, Eric Olson wrote:
> I believe it depends on which image you install.  zhone came installed
> on the openmoko-fso-image-glibc-ipk... image I installed.

Correct.

Next to the fso-image, which we have for a long time, we decided that it would
be good to also have leaner images for people that want to use the framework
with own applications. So the console and the illume image were created.

It's basically:

console == minimal system with frameword
illume == console + X11 + e-wm + illume
fso-image == illume + zhone

That's also in line with the statement that the fso-image is not really meant as
a stable release for a telephony app. We only have zhone to expose what the
framework can do. We are actively thinking how to fade out zhone and move to UI
alternatives.

regards
Stefan Schmidt