[Om2008.9] Where to set Illume's preferences?

Matthias Apitz guru at unixarea.de
Wed Nov 12 10:51:27 CET 2008

El día Tuesday, November 11, 2008 a las 08:10:24PM +0530, Ramprasad Rajendran escribió:

> 2008/11/11 Matthias Apitz <guru at unixarea.de>:
> >
> > Hello,
> >
> > I'm using the Illume keyboard as described in
> > http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/Illume
> > one question remains: the Wiki says «Then switch keyboard from "None" to
> > "Default" in Illume's preferences.» Where I do that exactly?
>
> There is a small wrench on the top of the pull down menu that lets you
> change illume's preferences.
> You should also disable the default keyboard as mentioned in the wiki
> (adding export QTOPIA_NO_VIRTUAL_KEYBOARD=1" in
> /etc/X11/Xsession.d/89qtopia)

Thanks for all the hints I got, but they do not target my real problem:

With configured Illume keyboard the 'querty' icon brings up the keyboard
which has three layouts (and one can toggle between with the small symbol
above the keypad): Default / Numbers / Terminal; when it first comes up
it is set to the 'Default' one and not to 'Numbers' or 'Terminal'; later
the 'querty' icon brings up the one last used; how can I configure that
the 'Terminal' is the one which comes up with the PIN dialog? because
the 'Default' one is pretty much useless to enter any PIN code (it has
no numbers on the keyboard) and the 'Enter' of the PIN dialog is very
near the symbol for switching the keyboard layout ...

any idea?

	matthias

--
Matthias Apitz