testing Jalimo on Openmoko

Joseph Reeves iknowjoseph at gmail.com
Wed Nov 12 18:21:16 CET 2008

Dear all,

Apologies for cross-posting, but I wanted to catch both the Jalimo and
Openmoko communities in one go.

I've been testing gvSIG on Openmoko & Jalimo [1], but we've come up
with a problem that seems to be either caused by myself doing
something stupid, or by Jalimo working slightly differently across
different Openmoko distributions. The problem is this: gvSIG mobile is
originally tested on a FreeRunner running Jalimo on Openmoko 2007.2,
as part of it's operation you can select to open a file, this then
produces a open location dialogue. The same does not happen, however,
on any other version of Openmoko I've tried. To test on various
platforms, I've created a simple application.

You will need to install from Jalimo: cacao, classpath and clsspath-gtk

I've followed the wiki instructions for this:
https://wiki.evolvis.org/jalimo/index.php/OpenMoko

You can then:

opkg install http://blogs.thehumanjourney.net/finds/resource/java-test_0.1_armv4t.ipk

This will place a little javatest button in your installed apps menu.
Clicking on it, *should* open an open file dialogue. It doesn't work
on 2008.9, but why is that? If anyone else is able to test I'd be
greatly appreciative, and even more so if an answer can be found, even
if it is just me being an idiot!

Many thanks in advance,

Joseph

[1] http://gvsigmobileonopenmoko.wordpress.com/