[FSO M4] White Screen of Death growing worse and worse for me :(

Rui Miguel Silva Seabra rms at 1407.org
Wed Nov 12 18:54:07 CET 2008

On Wed, Nov 12, 2008 at 05:48:47PM +0100, Michael 'Mickey' Lauer wrote:

> > > hmms... that is overriding "xset s off" then, I suppose.
> > >
> > > Thanks for the tip.
> >
> > I only used this section:
> >
> > 	[odeviced.idlenotifier]
> > 	# add inut nodes to ignore for idle activity
> > 	ignoreinput = 2,3,4
> > 	# configure timeouts (in seconds) here. A value of 0
> > 	# means 'never fall into this state' (except programatically)
> > 	idle = 10
> > 	dim = 20
> > 	idle_prelock = 12
> > 	lock = 2
> > 	suspend = 0
> >
> > But it doesn't seem to do anything.
> >
> > When I do:
> > echo 2 > /sys/class/backlight/pcf50633-bl/brightness
> >
> > I can still slightly see the screen, but even after a reboot, if I let
> > frameworkd to do it's job, it gets to 0
>
> Even with lock = 0 ?

hms... I thought only "suspend = 0" would be needed since I'd prefer the
screen to auto lock.

But if currently auto lock == "dim = 0" then I will see what "lock = 0"
results in and report back as soon as I know.

Rui

--
Pzat!
Today is Sweetmorn, the 24th day of The Aftermath in the YOLD 3174
+ So let's do it...?