[Om2008.9] How to power off Wifi?

W.Kenworthy billk at iinet.net.au
Thu Nov 13 00:54:45 CET 2008

try

`iwconfig eth0 power on txpower off`

to minimise power consumption, and the inverse

`iwconfig eth0 power off txpower auto`

to turn it back on.

While not removing power, it certainly reduces consumption.  Also, while
using wireless with power saving on sounds good when running on battery,
Ive found it rather flakey.  The above is minimal - for me it was better
to set other parameters such as channel number and SSID when powering up
as well.

BillK