[Qt Extended] [RFC] Patch for comments *only* to enable echo suppression in 4.4.2

Chris Samuel chris at csamuel.org
Thu Nov 13 03:59:50 CET 2008

----- "Damien Thébault" <damien.thebault at gmail.com> wrote:

Hi Daniel,

> On Wed, Nov 12, 2008 at 08:35, Chris Samuel <chris at csamuel.org>
> wrote:
>
> > So take a look at what I've done and comment on it please.
>
> First, I think that the patch for the header file is missing.

Er, that might be because I didn't modify the header file, oops!

Bad Chris, no biscuit.   I'll sort that out next.

> And I don't know how this is done elsewhere in the QtE source
> code, but using the class name to call (even static) methods is not
> mandatory when it's in the same class (i.e. it's possible to use
> "echoCancel()" instead of "NeoCallProvider::echoCancel()").

Not knowing C++ I thought I'd play safe and fully qualify it
everywhere to avoid confusion.  The fact that g++ 4.3.2 didn't
whinge about anything gave me some confidence I'd not done
anything mindbendingly stupid there.. ;-)

> Sorry, but I can't comment on other points ;)

No worries, thanks for taking the time to look and comment!

cheers,
Chris