[shr] SHR image released

Julien Cassignol ainulindale at gmail.com
Thu Nov 13 14:33:40 CET 2008

On Thu, Nov 13, 2008 at 1:13 PM, William Kenworthy <billk at iinet.net.au> wrote:
> Looks pretty, faster than 2008.9 (subjective), just seems nicer.  Tried
> the illume theme, and the scalable (needs setting up - defaults are not
> right for the FR)
>
> downside after playing with it for two hours:
>        PIN dialog never came up so cant register

Logs on our trac should help us to see if this is truly an issue of
SHR or frameworkd.

>        no usb networking - host never sees it being plugged

We never had, ever, this problem. No user has complained about that.
Could you be more specific?

>        no wifi

Image is shipped with mofi. Everybody who used it on our team and
users managed to connect to a WPA (it's only WPA) network.
Regarding your previous problem, mofi ships with a connect.sh script
(which we put in /etc/mofi) which does a ifconfig usb0 down. If you
try USB after wifi, as mofi disable usb, it will surely fail. Could
you please try again, USB before wifi ?

>        trashed the partition on my 8Gb sandisk SD card on first boot

Again: could you be more specific?

--
Julien Cassignol
http://www.ainulindale.net