WSOD (ticket #1841) (unofficial) survey question

Tony Berth tonyberth at googlemail.com
Thu Nov 13 19:06:24 CET 2008

On Thu, Nov 13, 2008 at 6:49 PM, Petr Vanek <vanous at penguin.cz> wrote:

> >just a general comment, when I switched to the FDOM distro (from the
> >2008.9) no WSOD problems occured any more!
> >

> knowing that fdom is not a distro but only a set of scripts i have to
> wonder... can you please post exact links to your kernel and rootfs you
> had flashed?
>
> thank you
>

> --
> Petr Vanek

is not a distro? But following:

http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/FDOM_-_a_Fat_and_Dirty_OM_based_distribution

claims that this is a distro!

I just installed the 2008.9 kernel and the latest FDOM jffs2 as in:

http://files.tdobson.net/openmoko/freerunner/fdom/Fat_and_Dirty_OM.200809_20081023.rootfs.jffs2

I just checked and the 2008.9 is no longer available! About 2 weeks ago I
downloaded from:

http://downloads.openmoko.org/releases/Om2008.9/

a file named:

Om2008.9.uImage.bin

I think this is due to that recent license issue?

Tony