[SHR] some questions

Franky Van Liedekerke liedekef at telenet.be
Thu Nov 13 20:04:52 CET 2008

On Thu, 13 Nov 2008 19:52:07 +0100
Franky Van Liedekerke <liedekef at telenet.be> wrote:

> On Thu, 13 Nov 2008 19:21:43 +0100
> Franky Van Liedekerke <liedekef at telenet.be> wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > using the latest SHR preview release, it seems it is possible to get
> > the device to suspend if you're not using an older GTK app and press
> > the power button for some seconds. But sometimes this works,
> > sometimes it doesn't. Also, shouldn't the device be able to
> > auto-suspend? The alarm app is present (me happy) but I can't find
> > an app to set the clock time using a gui (I can of course use just
> > the date and time commands).
> > I'm still in the progress of 'just looking', so I don't know yet if
> > the device wakes up from suspend for an incoming call or sms; or if
> > the echo problem is there or not. But I'm liking this distro so
> > far ...
> >

> ok, first test for the alarm app (device suspended):
> - device wakes up from suspend
> - some seconds later, the alarm app starts but no sound (I hear a
> very faint clicking sound in one speaker)
>
> second test for the alarm app (device connected to usb power):
> - alarm app starts, but again no sound
>
> Maybe I miss some sound files?

Yup, that is the reason: the alarm app plays only
"/usr/share/alarm/sounds/phone.wav" as sound file. But this dir and
file aren't there. Copying it from somewhere else fixes it.
The button "set new alarm" doesn't work though, and a snooze should be
nice as well :-) And while I'm asking for features: more than one
alarm and the possibility to edit the repeat would be nice :-)
Now to get auto-suspend working ... or is that not possible yet?

Franky