[debian] state of enlightment and illume packaging

hiciu kwarzecha7 at gmail.com
Thu Nov 13 20:43:00 CET 2008

Hi,

> Two problems I've seen:
>
> 1) There are no icons for installed applications in illume
> 2) The battery applet makes Enlightenment go 100% CPU
>
> Did you find any workarounds for these problems?

Only for first problem. It is because lack of
/etc/xdg/menus/applications.menu file. You can get it in 'gnome-menus'
or 'xdg-utils' and few others packages.. but none of them will works
with illume (because of submenus imo). I get mine in Raster's illume
image: http://download.enlightenment.org/misc/Illume/Freerunner/2008-10-12/openmoko-illume-image-glibc-ipk--20081012-om-gta02.rootfs.tar.gz
(wget it; tar xzf openmoko-*-20081012-om-gta02.rootfs.tar.gz
etc/xdg/menus/applications.menu). Then you should remove folder ~/.e
or run First Run Wizard to tell illume to use this file.

I didn't noticed issue with battery applet.