[shr] SHR image released

Julien Cassignol ainulindale at gmail.com
Fri Nov 14 02:34:56 CET 2008

On Thu, Nov 13, 2008 at 10:33 PM, William Kenworthy <billk at iinet.net.au> wrote:
> I've reflashed with 2008.9, but will try it again on the weekend and
> send the logs etc.
>
> wifi was my problem, I'd upgraded the security and forgot to change my
> reference wpa_supplicant.conf, so I need to test again - should work as
> exposure showed the networks. MofI's never worked for me and I am not a
> fan of wifi gui's - you cant see whats happening and more often than not
> they just cause frustration (like mofi :) - maybe I need to test that
> again too.

I doubt you were able to see the wifi networks through exposure, as it
needs connman and we don't ship with it (neither do we build the
version which would work with it).
Were you talking about 2008.9?

> usb networking didnt register as being plugged in on the host, but it
> did start charging.

As I said, this is weird and I would like to see some info (kernel
version, dmesg, etc...)

> At the first boot (clean shutdown before flashing etc), the SD card
> wasnt registered.  I moved it to my laptop and restored the partition
> table from a handy backup and after that it was fine on a number of
> reboots.  Ive also lost it a couple of times on 2008.9 which I thought
> had been fixed as well, so I normally use Simon Matthews fixes (turns SD
> clock on before suspend) and have not had any problems afterwards.  In
> this case though, it was straight after boot - no suspend or errors
> seen.  One off glitch?

No idea, never used the SD card here :-)

> With wifi up and a proper keyboard/screen I'll be able to look into it a
> lot easier :)

Proper keyboard/screen?

--
Julien Cassignol