[SHR] some questions

Julien Cassignol ainulindale at gmail.com
Fri Nov 14 02:38:20 CET 2008

On Thu, Nov 13, 2008 at 7:21 PM, Franky Van Liedekerke
<liedekef at telenet.be> wrote:

> using the latest SHR preview release, it seems it is possible to get the
> device to suspend if you're not using an older GTK app and press the
> power button for some seconds. But sometimes this works, sometimes it
> doesn't. Also, shouldn't the device be able to auto-suspend?

If you don't disable it, and if ophonekitd didn't crash, the device
will suspend if you're not charging and if there's no active call.
Problem is, I unfortunately forgot the GPS users :-). This issue will
be considered soon, don't worry.

Regarding the suspend behavior, default on frameworkd is : short push
on power = suspend, long push = shutdown.

> The alarm app is present (me happy) but I can't find an app to set the
> clock time using a gui (I can of course use just the date and time
> commands).

Yes, this is missing :-./.

> I'm still in the progress of 'just looking', so I don't know yet if the
> device wakes up from suspend for an incoming call or sms; or if the
> echo problem is there or not. But I'm liking this distro so far ...

Echo problem comes from frameworkd, open a ticket for that on
freesmartphone.org :-)

--
Julien Cassignol
http://www.ainulindale.net