[Om2008.9] tar file corrupt after transport to FR

Matthias Apitz guru at unixarea.de
Fri Nov 14 12:58:54 CET 2008

El día Friday, November 14, 2008 a las 07:32:25PM +0900, William Kenworthy escribió:

> Yeah, the busybox tar command cant handle large files without dying.  I
> untar'd what I could and just ran rsync to fix the problems and move the
> rest over - slower but it worked.

I've Google'd around and it's a known issue (bug) of the busybox which
must be compiled with a flag ENABLE_FEATURE_TAR_OLDGNU_COMPATIBILITY
to work correctly:

I've packed the tree again using gtar version 1.19 on my laptop and the
file can be read by the busybox tar on the FR.

	matthias

--
Matthias Apitz
Manager Technical Support - OCLC GmbH