Calling interested Glamo OpenGL developers (was: The forbidden topic: Glamo OpenGL)

Timo Jyrinki timo.jyrinki at gmail.com
Mon Nov 17 11:52:01 CET 2008

2008/11/17 Lally Singh <lally.singh at gmail.com>:
>  $400 for a phone is a reasonable investment.  But months of work in
> one's spare time is much bigger.  Before anyone commits to a
> large-scale project, I think it's fair to ask OM what their plans are
> with this chip.

Hey people, please don't underestimate the general willingness to hack
stuff :) Most of us don't think about value-for-money, sensibility or
other minor aspects. Coding is fun! That's why we have
accelerometer-controlled Doom working fluently before phone calls, and
I think it's great ;)

So I don't think there's any value discussing how sensible /
meaningful / valuable doing OpenGL support would be. If there are
people interested, that's great and it's not cutting anything away
from somewhere else. Volunteer people need to do what they like to do,
not what's the most sensible product-wise.

And we already have eg. partial MPEG4 hw decoding using Glamo, imagine
if the developer of that would have been told "don't waste your time
on something like that".

-Timo