Volume, a kingdom for a volume lever...

Theo dec0de at place4sure.com
Tue Nov 18 10:03:34 CET 2008

To me a phone is not a phone if you cannot adjust the volume during a call.

Being able to open a terminal and guessing which lever out of hundreds in the
alsamixer is the one handling the volume just won't cut it. I bought my
FreeRunner in the beginning of August, and since then I have never been able
to use the phone at all as I don't want to share my phone calls with the rest
of the world. The high volume also creates an irritating echo to the other
caller.

I am amazed how much time seems to be spent making GPS,
Bluetooth and Wireless work on the phone whilst such a basic function as
adjusting the volume seems to be totally forgotten.

Then again, maybe Its just me who cannot find this feature in any of the
Distributions available...