is FDOM unstable

David Reyes Samblas Martinez david at tuxbrain.com
Wed Nov 19 00:18:42 CET 2008

2008/11/18 Levy A. M. Sant'Anna <levy.santanna at gmail.com>:
> On Sun, Nov 9, 2008 at 19:29, Atilla Filiz <atilla.filiz at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hello
>> I was trying my FR as my primary phone for one week. It went good with
>> QTextended 4.4.1. Today, I decided to try FDOM. It is really nice that it
>> comes withh the apss and fixes I would manually install anyway but it
>> occasionally freezes, doesn't receive calls in time, and some apps(remoko,
>> moocow etc.) simply won't start.
>
> Hi all,
> I simply don't know what is going on before launch a new version of FDOM!
>
> Remoko was working with the last image but before launch the last
> images it was not tested again.
The last image was generated from a standard 2008.9 image executing
the FDOMizer script.
I forget to add a the opkg install  necessary library in FDOMizer

> The GPS Sub-Menu was not tested too, because it is one which still
> working after choose an app, making impossible open a new Sub-Menu,
> unlike Config Sub-Menu that work smoothly.
Strange, I will take a look, because in theory is the same script with
different params :-/

> We should make a RC before launch a FDOM or something;
I totally agree and we are working hard to have a beter infrastructure
to be able to make a more solid FDOM (well as solid as a bunch of
volunteers guided by a noob can be) and as the community news letter
announce we will build the next FDOM release using OpenEbedded tools.
Trying to make it more reliable on versioning and able to update
trough opkg update/upgrade
>FDOM is so cool
> and have so much potential that I try to use it every day, all the
> apps.
Tanks a lot :) feel free to join the devel list to discuss about
pre-release policy if one day is any  :)