[Paroli] Update #3

Guillaume Chereau charlie at openmoko.org
Wed Nov 19 04:03:13 CET 2008

On Tue, 2008-11-18 at 22:52 +0100, "Marco Trevisan (Treviño)" wrote:
> Well, today I've followed your RunParoli wiki to get it working in my
> phone. I've used SHR as base updating the FSO framework and getting
> tichy and paroli from upstream (respectively from svn and git).
>
> Well, after applying the changes you've suggested I wasn't able to get
> Paroli running but only tichy-etk... Maybe my guy.py wasn't correct
> (since it doesn't seem to reflect the wiki), so please could you
> provide
> a fresh explanation?

I modified gui.py so that we can select backends without manually
modifying the code.

It relies on a global variable so I don't like it so much, but couldn't
think of a better way to modify the behavior of a module at import time
(well I could import all backends, and then dynamically decide which one
to use, but that would be wasting memory for nothing)

This commit allow us to set the backend by setting the global variable
'tichy_gui_backend' from the main script :
http://git.openmoko.org/?p=tichy.git;a=commit;h=9b41828f1de05af0183d66c1b46397c0133f831c

This one allow us to use command line option in tichy to do so
(e.g. ./tichy --gui-backend=etk)
http://git.openmoko.org/?p=tichy.git;a=commit;h=c0af0cce3f3567e92378827f8955c53e1a67165e

And this one allow use to use paroli specific backend (even though it is
not in tichy tree yet):
http://git.openmoko.org/?p=tichy.git;a=commit;h=2fe69ed611082770f8200183aa83c308ea55bf9c

So now we can just add the line :

tichy_gui_backends = ['paroli']

In the main script of paroli to use the correct gui backend.

-charlie