Will there be a hardware revision for the buzzing issue?

Joerg Reisenweber joerg at openmoko.org
Thu Nov 20 07:00:40 CET 2008

Am Mo  17. November 2008 schrieb robert lazarski:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm about to buy an openmoko, as I finally have some time and cash.
> However, my understanding is that the latest phones for sale have a
> buzzing issue and its confirmed to be hardware related. Will there be
> a hardware revision? Or I'm a stuck using a soldering iron and new
> parts to fix it? Please correct me if I'm misinformed.

We are actually in the process to figure out how to fix *all* devices sold, by
implementing the so-called "big-C" fix (which means add a 100uF, replace one
R), which can be done by those experienced in soldering. Not yet clear where
this will end, but we're on it.

Very next thing is we will publish a rework SOP paper.

Also see other answer in this thread.

cheers
jOERG