[Android] Soft keyboard

Cédric Berger cedric.berger74 at gmail.com
Thu Nov 20 09:41:24 CET 2008

On Thu, Nov 20, 2008 at 04:51, Walter Chang <weihsiu at gmail.com> wrote:
> read the comments at the bottom:
> http://onlinedev.blogspot.com/2008/11/getting-started-with-android-on-neo.html
>
> On Thu, Nov 20, 2008 at 6:09 AM, Tomas Riveros Schober <triveros at enable.cl>
> wrote:
>>
>> I'm not familiar with the android environment so here are a couple of
>> questions
>> do I need the android SDK to install this keyboard? if I don't need it
>> then,
>> how do I ssh into android once it's running? I've tried the usual
>> ifconfig usb0 x.x.x.x && ssh root at freerunnerIP but the connection is
>> refused.
>> if i dont need to ssh to install it, then how to do it?

for example I do the ifconfig usb..... thing,
then :
export ADBHOST=192.168.0.202
./adb install yourapp.apk

(download adb from SDK, or from here : http://people.openmoko.org/sean_mcneil/ )

But you can also just copy the .apk file directly on the SD card
second partition, under /app
(by exemple via ssh if you booted another distro, just copy under
/media/mmcblk0p2/app/ )