[Qt Extended] Mapping Demo (was Re: [FSO] Stability and other problems)

Alastair Johnson alastair at truebox.co.uk
Thu Nov 20 12:29:19 CET 2008

Michael 'Mickey' Lauer wrote:
> Am Wednesday 19 November 2008 12:18:28 schrieb superalex:
>> Hi, I'm using FSO since yesterday and found that the famous "echo bug" was
>> still appearing. I found a solution that is working for me based in the
>> 2008.8 one.
>>
>> In file
>> /usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/framework/subsystems/ogsmd/modems/ti_calyp
>> so/unsolicited.py, function percentCPI, line 210 aprox
>>
>> Where it says:
>>         info = {}
>>
>> I have:
>>         devchannel =
>> self._object.modem.communicationChannel("DeviceMediator")
>>         devchannel.enqueue( "%N0187" )
>>         info = {}
>
> Guess we should make this configurable, FSO is using -6db, not -12db since
> this sounds pretty harsh for many people.

That's a good idea, but I think the issue may be a bit different. With
Qtopia people were reporting no echo for the first call, but echo on
subsequent calls. Since we're using an undocumented feature of the modem
we don't know under what conditions it might be disabled, even though we
don't disable it explicitly. Currently we only set the echo suppression
in init, while this patch sets it on every call state transition. It may
be worth moving it down a few lines so it only happens when a call
connects, but this way we can be certain that echo suppression is
enabled for every call.