Minty Boost && FreeRunner

DJDAS djdas at djdas.net
Thu Nov 20 17:24:56 CET 2008

Cédric Berger ha scritto:
> I did not have a look at neo's circuitry.
> But whatever the method it uses, it cannot force 1A if 1A is not
> available (wall charger unplugged from the wall won't give 1A :-p ) ?

Uhm...not exactly true... Ohm Law says: V = R * I -> I = V/R, and if
R->0 then I->oo
In practice if you power a load with a little impedance (in real systems
the load is not always only resistive) the current requested will grow
and the source could be damaged (try to short circuit a normal battery,
you'll see a flash and if you maintain the circuit closed you'll meld
the battery).
This is why you should not ask 1000mA from the USB port (for example)
unless you're sure the hardware could give it.
Bye :)